8.24.2010

I'm in a random mood, so brace yourselves.....

So I used to have a green striped sweater (scratch that, still do somewhere) that my sisters said looked like something "Steve" from Blue's Clues would wear (who, BTW, did not commit suicide....check Snopes, people!). Anyhow, today as I planned my daily trip to the mailbox with Micah, including the "getting the mail song of the day," I realized that in many ways, my life does truly parallel that of Steve, the Blue's Clues guy.....


1) I love the color green, and by golly, if somebody makes a sweater that showcases not one but TWO of my favorite shades of it, then nothing's holding me back from sporting that baby ASAP.


2) Getting the mail has been, on many occasions this summer, the highlight (read: sanity) of my/our day. Micah loves the outdoors, and getting the mail is just enough of a breather to give us both a little afternoon pick-me-up. 


3) Like Steve, I prefer my dogs in "animated" format. Especially when they leave electric blue footprints all over the house. This may also be because someone's dog has pooped near my only pathway to the mailbox, tainting activity #2 on this list. 


4) I have discovered that life is best lived when everything is done in sing-song. Changing a diaper, getting dressed, getting in the car seat, taking out the trash, grocery shopping.....the implications for my classroom are endless. (Note: sarcasm.)


5) While I'm not entirely certain what Steve is up to today, I can't help but think that maybe, despite the stigma of being known as "Steve, the Blue's Clues guy," the final trait we share is a special place in our hearts for the "silly" behavior that makes parenting (or, hosting a children's TV show.....take your pick) such a wonderful thing. 

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post in ONE HUGE WAY (and it's not the sweater, although I think I know exactly which one your sisters are referring to). The sing-songy songs that come out of my mouth, just to get Bennett through the day! Somehow, it makes the trauma of getting buckled into a carseat somehow survivable. Sleeves....he hates sleeves, but when I sing his arms into them, somehow we get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true my friend :) Jackson is getting into Blue's Clues, although I like the new yellow guy Joe better than Steve!

    ReplyDelete