Last week, we decided to try a little "real food" with Micah. We had gotten the "go-ahead" from the doctor at her four month appointment, and though we probably could have waited a bit longer, we were far too curious! (Not to mention the fact that she has spent the last month staring intently at the food on my plate and following it from fork to mouth with a steady stream of drool dripping from her chin....)
Here are a few glimpses at the results....PRE food (ie, GIMME FOOD NOW!):
(Mom & Dad were far too excited here to worry about "shot composition" so please pardon her partially severed head.....)
(Mommy has been back to school these past few days....can you spot the "Mrs. Jones" angry look?)
And now for the main event........
("It's on me! It's on me!")
Rice cereal was such a success that a few days later we decided to experiment with sweet potato in its pureed form.......

("Mommy, I trust you, even if the look on my face seems to be one of sheer terror.")
The following video is hilarious to me, but I'm her mother, and because I know that, I'm going to give you the option to skip to the second half to watch.....with the sound on. :)
Overall, I'd say this was a great success....by the end of the week, she looked like an old pro!
("Wait, upper lip, or lower lip? Did I get it? No? What about now? No?")
What this week has taught us is that she takes after her parents and LOVES FOOD. (Was there any doubt.....) Beyond that, though, it gave us the opportunity, once again, to be amazed by how sweet, smart, and hilariously entertaining she is!
Congratulations, Micah! :) It's a whole new world now!
ReplyDelete