1.04.2011

Overwhelmed

This is a post to explain why I'm not posting. I am just overwhelmed. I'm not even sure why.....it's a variety of things, really. Not wanting to go back to school in the first place, then waking up an hour late on the second day after the break, feeling extra-tight with finances because of having been paid 13 days early last month (a terrible curse disguised at the time as a blessing....), finals looming around the corner, having so many posts to do I don't know where to start, realizing that I'm a terrible mother who not only hasn't gotten around to sending out Micah's 8th month pictures but also never sent out her 7th month pictures, and having the fresh face of a new year staring back at me so expectantly that I'm afraid to make the first move for fear I'll ruin it before we've barely gotten to know each other.......


Anything I missed? I don't know what it is about this funk, but I just wish I could shake it already and move on!!!

I suppose that it would be healthy for me to include something positive about the last 48 hours, and that would probably be that my students have been particularly well-behaved these last two days. It's not like them.......knock on wood. I'm thinking, though, that it might have something to do with the fact that my heating/AC is on the fritz and has been forcing itself on us to the tune of 76 degrees. I have to keep shutting it off every 30 minutes by turning it down as low as it will go.....which is a balmy 72 degrees. Great in circulating air.....wretched when trapped indoors with 30 malodorous teens at a time! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a normal cycle for moms. I too have been feeling overwhelmed...waking up in the middle of the night thinking of everything I should be doing instead of sleeping. Hopefully we can find the balance...

    ReplyDelete