Those who know me well know that I have the opposite of a love affair with birds. They creep me out. I swear that on repeated occasions, these feathered devils have, in fact, banded together in an attempt to peck out my eyes. I am NOT exaggerating here, people.
That said, to say that the following chain of events "bothers" me, is an understatement...
Last night, we returned home from Arizona.
We found that while gone, some "squatters" had moved into our apartment.
The culprits were said "feathery devils."
Had they not left a mess of dirt, poop (yes POOP), and feathery tufts on our stove top, I might simply have assumed that they were building a nest up on the roof, and passed off the sounds of chirping as the "beauty of nature." Not so.
When Aaron removed the cover to the fan over our stove, here is what he found:
Doesn't he look like he'd love to climb out of there and peck your eyes out?!?
But it doesn't end there. No. This morning, while waiting for maintenance to come down and carry out our bird removal, I decided to capture some photos/videos of our visitors. I mean, that little guy is pretty much stuck behind the fan blades, right? Little did I know he was only baiting me so that I wouldn't notice the one that had snuck past the fan blades and was sitting poised for the attack. (If you pay close attention at the end of the video, you'll realize that prior to filming I was NOT aware of said "attack bird.")
It's now 9:42am, and those things are still in there, chirping away.
Micah and I are going to Starbucks.
Micah and I are going to Starbucks.
That was hilarious! Poor you guys. So gross but so funny. It's almost as cool as the bear
ReplyDeleteHa, ha, ha... I'm still laughing. Your blog is hilarious - you should write a book. :)
ReplyDeleteBirds freak me out too. And I definitely remember the bird problem you had at your condo in Carlsbad. :-(
ReplyDeleteGlad they are gone now!