4.04.2010

17 days and counting....

....as the day approaches (and i dilly-dally the days away while on spring break) i am trying to finish all the final baby "touches" around the house. i promise i WILL post some photos of the baby's room, but i'm still looking for something "soft" (ie, something which will not fall off the wall and crush her) to hang over the crib as the final element, so give me a couple of days. :) 


HOWEVER, i have put together the car seat, installed it in the car (i am concerned about its "looseness" so i'm taking it to the fire station tomorrow....does anyone else's car seat seem too "loose" even when you've tightened the straps to their tightest??), and put together the matching stroller. i also practiced rolling the stroller around my neighborhood. (hey, i had to have some easy way of carting the cardboard and styrofoam from the stroller box to the dumpster, right?) 


...and finally, here's a glimpse of my view at this point. :) a feel like one of those "weeble people." (see second photo for comparison.)

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, we had the wrong car seat adaptor for a while, so Jackson was completely NOT safe for a few days, so you have a one up on me! PS. Love the weeble comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I about peed myself when you compared yourself to the weeble. So HILARIOUS!!!! As for the letters . . cardboard cutouts covered in cloth that matches your room colors and hung by a pretty girly ribbon works fantastically! I look forward to your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stroller! And I am super impressed you have put everything together yourself. I had my family do it all for me. :-) I also love the Weeble analogy.

    ReplyDelete