so technically speaking i still have 6 days left. that doesn't really make me feel any better, though, when i am tired beyond belief, not sleeping much at night, and my belly is seizing up from numerous Braxton-Hicks contractions each hour. i knew i needed to go back to school this week in order to finish getting everything in order for my sub....but i finished that on tuesday. not to toot my own horn or anything, but for once in my life i've actually done TOO much planning. so much planning, in fact, that i have absolutely nothing to do at school! the students are on autopilot completing activities, packets, projects, etc., which are all well and good for when the transition actually takes place, but they leave me bored and spending WAY too much time organizing my desk.
i know full well that the time post-baby will be tiring, and that i should enjoy the time i have now (though no one will hesitate to remind me of this constantly), but to be honest....i'm not enjoying it! i can't seem to sleep longer than two hours at a time, my body is extremely sore, and i'm just plain tired. once the baby's born, i'll be up about every two hours at night, extremely sore, and just plain tired....but she'll be here and that will make it all worthwhile.
sigh.
Sounds about right . . . I look forward to this in my ear future . . . meanwhile, I pray that Micah makes an early appearance!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
ReplyDeleteDoesn't it make you mad that I get to go a week early? ;) Get in some reading or a pedicure. She'll be here before you know it!
ReplyDeleteI definitely understand. While you will still be tired after Micah is here, you will always be able to look at her sweet little face and it will be an instant pick-me-up. I hope she gets here soon because I am getting a little impatient too. I want to meet her!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys.....I am wondering if I go to get said pedicure this evening, will the woman scream when she sees the enormous swelling in my feet? They are pretty much hideous right now. :)
ReplyDelete