Today it was a bit cold out, and we were cooped up inside, so Micah suggested we go shopping to pass the time. We are trying to be good about keeping more $$ in the bank than out of it, so it was really more about "browsing," but oh well. Anyhow, in one store she and I couldn't avoid getting sucked into the clearance sections for little girls' clothes. (Just in case....) While there, a woman asked how old Micah is, and if she is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. This opened up a whole vein of conversation regarding her being long and skinny and not fitting into the larger stuff yet, blah blah blah. Long story short, I ended up giving baby/clothing advice to a stranger in the clothes dept., and I can't lie....it made me feel like a professional mother. Seriously, how ridiculous is that? I think it was just the idea that even though it was the silliest piece of trivial information, I was actually "knowledgeable" enough to provide insight to a soon-to-be-mom! I suppose it boils down to the fact that on so very many occasions I have had absolutely no idea what to do, so to be asked for my opinion/advice in regards to parenthood- and be able to give what I think/hope was a helpful response- made me feel pretty good! :)
ALthough I am happy for you and your moment of true motherhood genius . . . The real reason I comment is to say, IT WAS COLD OUTSIDE TODAY FOR YOU?!?!?!?!? IT WAS 106 IN F-NO TODAY, WHERE I WAS ALL DAY, 38 WEEKS PREGNANT! So NOT fair . .. but no really, I am happy for you, really I am . . . :)
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! :) Such a great feeling. I promise it only gets easier
ReplyDeleteYea! That is the best feeling. :) And the longer you go, the more you will know! I love this - and it's true for all of us! Getting to help someone else out just makes it even better.
ReplyDelete