6.16.2010

the swing

Dear Graco, maker of my lovely baby swing,

I would like to congratulate you on selecting a series of classical tunes which not only serve to provide my baby with a good dose of "culture," but also seem to put my infant to sleep in a most immediate fashion on the condition that I pump up not only the volume, but also the speed. (I've begun to notice that this inherent need for speed is cropping up in many aspects of my baby's life- the car, the swing, the rocking chair. I blame the already mounting pressures of our fast-paced society.)

On a different note, if this were 1998 I'd say you could have cornered the market on irritating computer-generated ring tones for my original Nokia phone. Looks like you really missed the boat there.

Signed,

"If I have to listen to the theme from The Nutcracker one more time....."


1 comment:

  1. HA! lobes...i cannot believe how much i feel your pain here as i am forced to listen to the same ear splitting tunes on our swing. she is going so fast in that thing!!

    ReplyDelete