The words "Micah" and "schedule" have not been getting along very well. I know she is little, but every time I think I have an idea of when and where she will eat, sleep, poop, etc., she decides to mix things up. In fact, the only thing she really does on a consistent basis is cry/eat constantly between six and nine at night before falling into a deep sleep on the couch.
Because I am NOT ok with the idea of leaving her alone on the couch while I snooze in the other room, I've been left waking her up at around 11:30 to nurse again before putting her to bed in her trusty car seat.
So.....two nights ago, I decided that maybe that 9pm sleep has the potential of lasting far longer than just 11:30, the only problem being that our getting ready for bed would wake her up if I put her in her car seat or bassinet, so I thought, "what the heck," we'll try the crib. What could it hurt, right?
The answer....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Saturday night-she slept from 9pm to 2:30am, and again from 3:15-7am. Great, right?!?
Sunday night.....she slept from 9:30pm until 4:15am!!!! AND went back down in her crib until NINE!!!!!
I think if all I have to do is put up with a little fussing from 6-9 in exchange for a 7-hr stretch IN HER CRIB, I'll take it!
look how perfect she is in her little crib!! i miss her already!!
ReplyDelete7 hours is AWESOME!! I'll be knocking on wood at my house too. :-)
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I can be happy for you I'm so jealous. Emerson is doing the eating/crying from 6-9 thing, too. Damn these growth spurts. Her sleeping got better, and now it's worse. I hope she catches up to Micah quickly!
ReplyDeleteYeah for the crib!!!!!! By the word verification that i have to type in right now could not of been a better descriptive word for your post . . . ecstasy . . . . pretty much what i am sure you are feeling right now!
ReplyDeleteYea!! That is awesome. Sounds like you're blessed with a good sleeper. Hopefully it just keeps getting better and better! :)
ReplyDelete